Business Intelligence & Portfolio Analyst - Investment Management
Our client is a Private Investment firm with a unique and highly successful investment approach
. They invest in both public and private companies in Australia and offshore, acting as trusted advisers and board members where appropriate to further add value to the businesses they invest in.
With $2billion under management and annual returns in excess of 25%, the firm's performance record ranks them as one of the best in the world
. The team comprises passionate, intellectually rigorous and value-driven professionals
with extensive experience across investments, corporate advisory, and capital markets.The Job:
In this newly created role
, you will support the Investment team with making data driven decisions through portfolio analysis and reporting; as well as assist in planning and execution of day-to-day portfolio operations. Typical duties include:
The Ideal Candidate:
- Portfolio analysis and modeling to assist with daily portfolio decision making.
- Operate the firm's newly developed portfolio management platform and play a role in refining and shaping this platform for the future.
- Internal reporting to allow fast, commercial decisions.
- External monthly & ad-hoc reporting to the firm's clients and their accountants.
- Building relationships with clients to assist with queries and reporting.
- Trade modelling allocation & settlement.
- Daily and monthly calculation and reporting of portfolio returns.
- Quarterly calculation and billing of performance fees.
- Cash, FX & Hedging management.
- Providing business insights to the Leadership team.
- Developing and maintaining Custodian & broker relationships.
- 3-5+ years experience in an analytical role from Investment / Funds Management / Private Equity or similar
- Advanced modelling skills
- Experience with Power BI is advantageous, with a passion for Business Intelligence
- Degree qualified. CA / CPA / CFA preferred
- Strong commercial acumen with excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Adaptable, innovative and progressive thinker, with a natural flair for technology
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Understand how passion, humility & integrity can drive high performance
This is a superb opportunity to join an already successful firm poised for ongoing expansion. The people in this business pride themselves on their core values of high integrity, passion, and performance and are seeking a like-minded individual to join the team.
In return, you will receive a generous salary package with above market bonuses, and work in a highly stimulating environment with a team that achieved 100% engagement and 98% well-being scores in their 2020 Employee Surveys.
For a confidential discussion please contact Alice Pipes on 02 9216 6707 or send your resume and cover letter via the APPLY link on this website.