Accounts Payable / Finance Assistant | Financial Services Industry
- Sydney CBD
$60000 - $70000 PerAnnum
Our Client is a successful Wealth Management and Corporate Advisory firm. An exciting opportunity is available for a finance assistant to join their close knit and supportive Finance Team.
You will receive enviable support and mentoring from experienced Financial professionals to broaden your accounting experience and build a long term career within this successful and innovative financial service firm. This team encourages and promotes a lot of cross training as you work collaboratively. Your typical duties include:
To be successful, you must have:
- Run the Accounts Payable process from end-to-end i.e. receive invoices/supplier statements, coordinate approval, coding into accounting system, uploading payment into banking system, and coordinating payment approval and its recording back to the accounting system
- Reconcile multiple bank accounts on a weekly basis and keep the cash book updated for daily receipts and payments
- Cross-train in payroll process as a back-up to an existing person.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts monthly for a couple of entities
- Reconcile Corporate AMEX card accounts on a monthly basis and its coding into the accounting system.
- Oversee efficient filing of all financial records
- Ad hoc projects as required
This is a forward thinking and progressive business that is poised for further growth
- Experience with Accounts Payable and the desire to learn other accounting functions
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with the GL system Microsoft Great Plains is desirable, however not essential
- A team approach and the desire to help others
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills
. They have a pleasant and supportive working environment and encourage a genuine team culture with a work / life balance.